Monday, September 15, 2008

Learning to be humble...

I'm FINALLY posting something! :) So, here goes....

This past week has been incredibly rough, but amazing at the same time. I've come to realize and accept the fact that sometimes the hardest times in our lives are the most strengthening and rewarding. On top of boy issues, last week was full of stress from school. Today I had my first calculus exam, and I'm proud to announce it's the first time I've EVER not finished about half the test. I'm not kidding guys, I really left almost half of it blank. So... college life is a challenge. But what's great is how much the Lord has blessed me. Thanks to two of my incredible guy friends up here at Utah State, I have an increased testimony of the power of the priesthood. And when I say power, I mean POWER.

So here's the story...
Last Sunday, I was struggling with boy problems (of course... ha) and I felt completely unworthy of any blessings from the Lord. While I was struggling to deal with a million and a half emotions at once, one of the boys offered to give me a blessing. At first I laughed and said no (which I now feel bad for doing). But then he took the opportunity to teach me a thing about the priesthood, and about the Lord's unconditional love for His children. Needless to say, I ended up agreeing. From that moment, things were so much easier. I can't explain how much smoother things went last week compared to how much of a wreck they could have been. And not only that, I was able to get my head back on straight and focus on the more important things in life.
The moral to the story is....
I deeply admire all the worthy young men out there that hold the priesthood with the utmost respect and honor. It has such a distinct sacredness to it, and the blessings that can come from it are beyond my ability to comprehend. I love the Gospel, and I feel so blessed to have it in my life. :)

2 comments:

Ellen Irion said...

first, welcome to the bloggin world, glad to have you. But wow thats an awesome experience! I couldn't agree more. boy trouble? I want to hear :)
seriously though I would never have gotten through some of those rough days or weeks without the gospel. and i'm sure it will just keep being that way. Love you girl

Lindsay said...

isn't it incredible how much things like that helps? Makes you think "well gosh, why didn't I think of that sooner?" haha Go the church :)